How To MC A Wedding

Many novice Wedding MC’s ask how to MC a wedding.

And it’s a great question because there’s a lot of planning that goes into knowing how to MC a wedding reception.

It also shows that you, as the Wedding Master of Ceremonies, want to do a professional job and make it a fun and memorable time for the bride and groom.

Here are some pointers to get you started:

1. Start Planning The Reception And The Events Early

Because the wedding reception is such an involved event, you’ll need time to prepare not only the wedding reception agenda but also the introductions, wedding games and entertainment, and checking out the venue to make sure everything is ready on the wedding day.

Each of these areas will take time to plan properly.

If you leave things to the last moment you risk missing important parts of the reception and overlooking special moments to make the wedding a lasting memory for the newlyweds.

2. Meet With The Bride and Groom and Planners To Find Out What Is Expected Of You As The Wedding Emcee

The bride and groom have given you a huge amount of responsibility. But chances are they don’t know what’s involved with your duties. They’re leaving that up to you as Master of Ceremonies.

That’s why it’s important that you find out what’s expected of you and what the bride’s vision of the reception is.

After all, she’ll have spent most of her time choosing a theme and table settings and centerpieces as well as the menu for the meal.

But she may not have put much thought into making the reception a celebration of her big day because she’s handing that responsibility over to you.

You’ll need to know what’s going on – and only the bride and groom and planners will be able to answer specific questions you have so you can be brought up to speed.

> You’ll need to know who will be in the bridal or wedding party.

> You’ll need background information on the bride and groom if you don’t know them very well as well as the members of the bridal or wedding party.

> You’ll need background on guests who will be giving speeches and toasts and information on dignitaries, if dignitaries are attending the reception.

In How To Be A FUN Wedding MC I have a detailed list of questions you can ask so you know what’s going to happen at the reception.

> When you consult with the bride and groom and wedding planners you’ll also need to know what wedding games and entertainment are planned so you can include those events in your agenda or run sheet.

> You’ll also have to meet with key people involved in the wedding planning including the planners, the event manager at the venue, members of the bridal or wedding party, and the caterer when you’re at the venue.

> You’ll need to know the layout of the venue and the layout of the head table.

> You’ll need to know the order of the bridal party for introductions.

Chances are, especially if you’ve never been a Wedding MC before, you’ll find that your Wedding MC Duties and Responsibilities will be overwhelming because you won’t know what to do or where to start.

As with anything that you’re unfamiliar with, you’re going to have many questions as you get involved in your duties.

Fortunately, there’s a terrific guide – How To Be A FUN Wedding MC – which shows you how to MC a wedding reception from start to finish and it will save you restless nights and a huge amount of time and stress.

You’ll want to make sure you have all of the bases covered before you enter the reception hall on the wedding day.

In fact, How To Be A FUN Wedding MC has extensive checklists to make sure you’ve covered just about everything.

Click on the image below to find out more about How To Be A FUN Wedding MC

MC A Wedding

In the following video you’ll discover several tips to help you in your duties:

Tip #1

Focus the attention on the bride and groom – not yourself.

As Wedding MC you’re an organizer and facilitator. You conduct the events of the reception but the spotlight is on the newlyweds.

This is the bride and groom’s special day. Remember, the wedding guests came to see them, not the Wedding Emcee.

Tip #2

Make sure you pronounce people’s names correctly.

This is one area where preparation can pay off because there’s nothing more embarrassing than mispronouncing someone’s name – especially if it’s the groom’s last name! So be sure to check to ensure your pronunciation is correct and make appropriate notes on your agenda or in your notebook.

Tip #3

Arrive at the wedding reception venue early. There’s nothing worse than people wondering where the Master of Ceremonies is – especially if things are about to get underway. When you’re late things get disorganized and it leaves a poor impression. If the venue is a long way away, make sure you leave plenty of time to get there and anticipate traffic delays.

One of the signs of a true professional is being on time and ensuring everything is in order before the wedding party and guests arrive.

Tip #4

Create a party atmosphere at the reception. The wedding is a celebration so it’s your responsibility to keep the tempo upbeat and fun.

Your duty as a Wedding Emcee is to successfully transition the wedding guests from the religious ceremony to a celebration of the marriage.

Tip #5

Don’t embarrass the bride, groom, or wedding guests. If the groom or bride doesn’t want to “say a few words” for example, don’t pursue the matter. Be gracious and understanding – especially when it comes to public speaking – because many people are terrified of public speaking.

This tips also includes using humor or jokes.

Use good judgement in what you say to get a laugh. If in doubt…leave it out.

Bonus Tip #6

Follow the bride and groom’s directions. This is where sitting down with the bride and groom beforehand and planning the reception will help you avoid embarrassing mistakes. If the newlyweds ask for something in particular, make sure you include it in the agenda so it’s not forgotten.

MC A Wedding Reception

When you MC A Wedding reception there will be certain expectations by the bride and groom and the wedding planners.

You’re expected to know what to do and what to say throughout the reception.

You’re expected to make the reception a fun time.

You’re expected to oversee – and introduce – all of the events at the reception.

You’re expected to look after the bride and groom so they can enjoy themselves and have a fun time with their closest friends and relatives without having to worry about the reception.

Of course, you know that this list is an oversimplification of the what a Wedding MC must do.

And while it seems like a small list of things to do, in reality there’s a huge amount of preparation that must take place – and more things to do – before the wedding reception begins.

Here are 4 tips to help you prepare when you MC A Wedding reception.

MC A Wedding – Tip #1 – Prepare Your Wedding MC Scripts

When you’re in front of 100…200…300…or more wedding guests you don’t want to be tongue-tied.

By creating your Wedding MC Scripts and rehearsing them so you know what you’re going to say you’ll feel much more confident in front of a large audience until your nervousness disappears.

Your main Wedding MC Script will be the Wedding MC Opening Speech where you welcome the wedding guests to the reception.

You’ll have other Wedding MC Scripts for key events throughout the reception.

Again, make sure you rehearse your Wedding MC Scripts so they sound “natural.”

MC A Wedding – Tip #2 – Follow Your Wedding Reception Timeline

There are two Wedding Reception Timelines that you follow as Wedding MC.

The first Wedding Reception Timeline is the one you work with as you prepare the wedding reception agenda. These are the things you have to do to create a fun wedding reception.

The second Wedding Reception Timeline is included with your wedding agenda or run sheet. This lists the key events of the reception, how long they should take, and when they start and finish.

MC A Wedding – Tip #3 – Prepare A Contingency Plan

Preparing a contingency plan – in consultation with the wedding planners – is just as important as preparing the wedding agenda.

After all, things do – and can – go wrong.

Last minute changes are part of the reception, too.

A change in the weather.

A delay in the arrival of the bride and groom.

Someone falls ill during the reception.

A wedding speaker can’t make the reception and has to cancel his wedding speech.

They’re all things you have to anticipate and have a Plan “B” for if you want to make sure the reception proceeds smoothly and isn’t ruined.

MC A Wedding – Tip #4 – Choose Fun Wedding Games

The reception is all about having fun since it’s a party and a celebration of the newlywed’s big day.

Your role as Wedding MC is to choose fun wedding games that keep the guests entertained as the reception progresses.

How To MC A Wedding
And Create A FUN And
Memorable Reception

It’s probably not too farfetched to assume that you’re a novice or first-time Wedding MC.

And chances are you’ve never been the wedding master of ceremonies at a reception before.

If that’s the case then there are a lot of things you won’t know about.

You probably won’t know where to begin.

You’ll quickly realize that you don’t know how to create a fun wedding reception.

You don’t know how to prepare and plan the reception.

You don’t know what questions to ask the wedding planners.

You don’t know how to create amusing introductions for the wedding party or the bride and groom’s Grand Entrance or for those giving wedding toasts and speeches.

You don’t know what advice and suggestions to give the bride and groom.

You don’t know how to make the reception a memorable and fun time for the newlyweds and the guests.

You don’t know what wedding games will be appropriate for the reception so you can keep the guests entertained and having a fun time.

You don’t know how to prepare the wedding agenda which outlines the order of events as well as the order of wedding speeches and toasts.

You don’t know what your Wedding MC Duties and Responsibilities are.

And you’re probably feeling a little anxious about the role you’ll be playing at the reception even though it’s a huge honor to MC A Wedding reception.

There’s no doubt that to MC A Wedding is a big responsibility and you might even feel overwhelmed at what you have to do to prepare for the reception.

That’s perfectly understandable and shows that you want to do the best job you can for the bride and groom on their happy day.

Fortunately you don’t have to feel overwhelmed or anxious when you have the proper guide at your side.

That’s why How To Be A FUN Wedding MC was created – to take you virtually step-by-step through the reception planning process and show you how to create a fun wedding reception and how to MC A Wedding reception.

Click on the image below to find out more about
How To Be A FUN Wedding MC

MC A Wedding

Wedding MC

Wedding MC – The Key Person For A FUN Wedding Reception

The Wedding MC has many duties and responsibilities throughout the wedding reception.

And if you’ve performed your Wedding MC Duties well, the wedding reception will be a success.

What often happens, though, is that very often the Wedding MC doesn’t know what to say or what to do.

Click The Following Link For How To Be A FUN Wedding MC

And that’s entirely understandable – many wedding receptions are big events with a number of things that need attention.

If you’re a novice Wedding MC then chances are things will be missed simply because you didn’t know what to do.

And because things are missed, the wedding guests can get bored or events just won’t work out as planned.

And there will be no added touches that make the reception a very special event for the newlyweds.

On top of that, as Wedding MC you probably don’t know how to make the wedding reception a FUN celebration.

When the bride and groom spend thousands of dollars on the wedding reception, they want it to be a memorable event (even if they’re not entirely sure how to do that).

As Wedding Emcee you’ll need…

Wedding MC checklists and a sample wedding agenda or run sheet.

Plus, you’ll need word-for-word scripts on what to say.

You’ll also need a timeline that shows you what to do and when you should do it so you’re organized and ready for the reception.

You’ll need wedding reception games and wedding reception activities.

Most importantly, you’ll need IDEAS on how to make the wedding reception a celebration.

In fact, you’ll need to know the secrets to kicking things up a notch to get the wedding guests in the mood for a fun time.

A wedding reception is an event that takes considerable planning and time to prepare.

And that’s where you can rise to the occasion and show off your talent as a Wedding MC even if you’ve never been one before.

As the Wedding Emcee you owe it to the bride and groom to make sure you’re properly prepared for one of the most important days of their lives.

If you’re a Wedding MC who wants to create a memorable wedding reception for the bride and groom then check out How To Be A FUN Wedding MC.

Click On The Image Below To Find Out
How To Be A FUN Wedding MC

To Be A FUN Wedding MC

Get Your Wedding MC Duties and Wedding MC Jokes Information at Wedding MC and Create A Memorable Wedding For The Bride and Groom.

Showing MCs and Brides in US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Bahamas how to create a FUN reception with wedding reception activities,

wedding games, MC scripts, jokes tips, duties, checklists, run sheets, agendas, order of wedding speeches and toasts, and much more!